Top 10 things To Do In London for Christmas
If you are visiting London this Christmas or just looking for fun family days out, Kensington Mums, London’s award winning parenting website share with us some of their favourite things to do in London this Christmas.
- Have you been naughty or nice? Visit Father Christmas at the Hall. This is much more than a usual grotto and this year, the experience will be more magical than ever. In this hour long interactive experience, little helpers will journey through spaces within the historic Royal Albert Hall and meet a range of enchanting characters from the North Pole, including toy soldiers, fairies, workshop elves, toymakers, and of course, the real Father Christmas.
- Wrap up warm and head to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. It has got a host of glittering attractions, shows, activities, rides and games perfect for the ultimate festive family day out. With a huge variety of food and drink stalls, cafes and themed bars, this year’s most anticipated seasonal showcase will see the entire family fully entertained.
- If you are looking for a bit of ice skating, then head to the Natural History Museum Ice Rink which is open for the festive season. Set against the stunning backdrop of one of London’s best-loved landmarks, children and skaters can take to the ice at the enchanting rink. Little ones can also hire little penguins to help them in their skating time. It has now been announced that the ice rink will stay open longer than ever before, until Sunday 20 January 2019.
- A must visit is the Museum of Architecture’s Gingerbread City. Consisting of over 60 gingerbread buildings designed and created by architects, designers and engineers, the Gingerbread City is a playful way to encourage conversation around the future of our built environment. You will be mesmerised by the attention to detail.
- For more buzz, head to Christmas in Leicester Square. It transforms the centre of bustling London into a wonderland including traditional Christmas markets with hand-crafted goods and delicious food and drinks, a Santa’s Grotto where children can meet the man himself, plus a whole host of fantastic shows in the beautiful surrounds of a traditional 1920s spiegeltent.
- So much to do this festive season at London Wetland Centre. Enjoy husky sleigh rides, donkey rides, elves workshop and many more festive activities, dates vary.
- Even the museums have gone festive. At the London Transport Museum. Families can enter a magical forest, with twinkling lights and trees and visit Santa’s Secret Christmas Cabin – or track him down in one of the Museum’s heritage vehicles for a Super Santa Selfie. Enjoy singing and storytelling sessions, create special winter bunting to take home, or join a musical Christmas vintage bus tour to see London’s lights and sights.
- London is magical in Christmas, just walk down Oxford Street, Regent Street and Carnaby street and enjoy the festive lights and decoration around.
- We all like a bit of story time. This festive season, Father Christmas will return to Elizabeth Street, Belgravia, with a magical experience for children to enjoy. For two weekends during December only, Father Christmas will open the doors to his enchanting new log cabin, inviting London’s littlest residents to enjoy a storytelling session complete with jolly photographs and a sweet treat by Dominique Ansel Bakery.
- Delight your family with a double-bill of classic musical stories for children at the Royal Albert Hall, featuring beloved characters The Snowman™ and Paddington Bear™. The first half of the concert features the score from Herbert Chappell’s Paddington Bear’s First Concert, performed at the Hall for the very first time by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and a special guest narrator. In the second half of the concert, we are delighted to be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Raymond Briggs’ magical picture book The Snowman™. The enchanting animated film will be shown on the big screen while Howard Blake’s heart-melting score is performed live.
Download your free sleep guide
Expert sleep advice from pregnancy to parenthood to help the whole family get a better night's sleep. Just enter your email address, click the below button and your download link will appear.